It has been a fair few weeks that we’ve posted anything and I wanted to thank Eric for getting the site back up and working. While the blog was down I got busy with Eldar building and painting through the first 500 points which I took to a tournament at Battleground. Did horribly only winning on of the five games but had a good time and met some good people.
The army is taking shape and while I only have the first 500 painted another 1000 points have been assembled, based and primed. More paint going down this weekend. Here are a few “in progress” images.
So, they are coming together. Looking forward to getting a couple of games in this coming weekend and the expanding the army out with another Spiritseer and a Wraithknight to reach 1850.
This is a bit of a “lack of progress report”. After several weeks of messing about with various colors (and working through a good many Eldar Guardians) I’ve thrown out the bright blue-green of the Mymeara Eldar (see earlier post) and am still trying to determine the colors for this army. So far, nothing is sticking…but the darker greenish one is looking good.
And a Ulthwe Test model
For now I will keep assembling models and making test schemes.
A couple more models for the Ultramarines. This time we have two Razorbacks/ Rhino. The top doors are switchable to allow one to use the models as either of the Space Marine dedicated transports.
These were kept simple so that could be used for any squad type. A coat of matte spray is all that is needed to finish them off.
On the home stretch! Finished off another couple of Ultramarine units for this project and I’m well on track to finish everything by the finish date of 11/2.
These took a little longer than I wanted mainly due to an issue with Vallejo Matte. Using the airbrush to cover the models with matte spray made things easy but it dried very inconsistent requiring me to go back in and touch up parts on most of the models…in the future I will stick with Testors Dullcote from a can.
Two razorbacks are underway which will be followed by a dreadnought, scout squad, a chaplain and finally a drop pod.
With 25 models close to finished, another 11 about half done, and the remaining models ready for paint, the Ultramarines are on the home stretch and should be finished up in a couple of weeks.
Most of the above need there shoulder iconography applied and all of them will be getting a matte spray coat as well as a little more added to there bases.
The local gaming store, Battleground, has been asking me to come in to the shop on tournament days to judge the painted armies. This has been great, both and inspiration for my own painting as well as being able to get out and meet local gamers. I’ve seen some great stuff and I am looking forward to the opportunity to judge in future events.
Stay tuned for more.
Having fun getting back into the hobby after taking a break over the summer. Working on painting up an Ultramarine army. Here are some starter pics…
Basing in blue.
Ultramarine Test model.
And a Blood Raven Test model.
The Ultras will be keeping me busy for the next several weeks and then it is on the the next project.
Ok, been a busy couple of weeks. Finished Sammael for Eric. What a great model, I did not have too much trouble with it being “Fine Cast”, lots of sanding and filing but not more than I expected. (This image was taken before touchups…whoops.)
Got a few Kabalite Warriors assembled and a test model done. Inspired by two other Dark Eldar projects I saw on the internet I decided to go with a light armor color scheme that is worn by use. In the Dark Eldar Codex there is mention of a Kabal that is proud to go into battle wearing and using gear that has seen centuries of use. Next I will have to come up with some basing for this model.
Still lots to get done, but that is it for now.
Wow! March was a busy month. With so much going at work and at home I’m surprised I got as much done as I did. Played a few games, took part in a local tournament and managed to get some projects finished.
First up…the completed 1,850 Nercon Force.
The Monolith was not a fun model to assemble or paint but it is finished and that makes me happy.
Took the 1,850 to a local tournament but only managed a 1-2 record. Admittedly my “list” is not particularly geared for a competitive tournament, but I did have a great time and got in some good games. Here is a picture from my first game, during deployment.
Finishing the Necron Army means I can get on to other projects and started working on a Sammael for Eric…hoping to have it finished this week.
Recently found these images of some models I had worked on at least 8 years ago…these were the last 40K models I painted before taking a hiatus from the hobby.
February was a weird month where I went back and forth between which army I’d like to work on next. I did a lot of purging of models that I do not plan to have time for, assembled my Dystopian Legions figures, and began painting them. Also, I assembled and primed the Necron Monolith as well as a new unit of Necron Immortals, 10 of them with tesla carbines. These are the last two units I need to get the Necron force to 1,850 points.
Which brings me to my hobby commitments for the month of March:
1. Paint the Necron Monolith & the unit of Necron Immortals.
2. Still need to get a coat of paint on the gaming table to seal it.
3. If I get the Sammael model from Eric, that needs to get done as soon as possible.
4. Try to get an intro game of Dystopian Legions in.
5. Attend a tournament on 3/30. Should be fun and looking forward to the upcoming tournament to provide some manner of inspiration in getting the rest of the Necrons painted.
6. Finally, with a second army selected it is time to start assembling and getting a few test models done.
Another busy month!