Monthly Archives: April 2013

The goal for the weekend was to get more of the Kabalite Warriors assembled and pick a paint scheme that I’d be happy with the look of AND fine with painting again and again.

Dark Eldar Test 2

Very happy with the colors and the basing, a few tweaks that need to happen (or have happened), and it will be finished and I have another four warriors about 50% finished.

Edit – this project fell off due to work load and the summer…perhaps will be revisited.

Ok, been a busy couple of weeks. Finished Sammael for Eric. What a great model, I did not have too much trouble with it being “Fine Cast”, lots of sanding and filing but not more than I expected. (This image was taken before touchups…whoops.)

Sammael

Got a few Kabalite Warriors assembled and a test model done. Inspired by two other Dark Eldar projects I saw on the internet I decided to go with a light armor color scheme that is worn by use. In the Dark Eldar Codex there is mention of a Kabal that is proud to go into battle wearing and using gear that has seen centuries of use. Next I will have to come up with some basing for this model.

Dark Eldar Test Model

Still lots to get done, but that is it for now.

Wow! March was a busy month. With so much going at work and at home I’m surprised I got as much done as I did. Played a few games, took part in a local tournament and managed to get some projects finished.

First up…the completed 1,850 Nercon Force.
Necrons 1850

The Monolith was not a fun model to assemble or paint but it is finished and that makes me happy.

Took the 1,850 to a local tournament but only managed a 1-2 record. Admittedly my “list” is not particularly geared for a competitive tournament, but I did have a great time and got in some good games. Here is a picture from my first game, during deployment.
Necrons at BG

Finishing the Necron Army means I can get on to other projects and started working on a Sammael for Eric…hoping to have it finished this week.
Eric's Sammael 1